Question: When does early bird registration end for the PST conference???
Answer: Tomorrow is the last day to register at early bird rates! Do it today! Rates go up on August 1!
The Pipeline Safety Trust’s 10th Annual Conference will be held November 19-20 in New Orleans. The conference is a unique venue where operators, regulators, consultants, local governments, environmental groups, safety advocates and concerned community members all come together to talk about improving pipeline safety.
Some sneak peeks of what we’re looking forward to:
- One of the co-authors of the NTSB’s recent safety report on gas transmission integrity management will speak about the findings of the report.
- We’ll hear a variety of opinions about whether expanding state authority over pipelines would further safety.
- Three groups will share how they’ve benefited from Community Technical Assistance Grants.
- Learn how PHMSA plans to spend all that new money in its budget.
- We’ll get some food for thought on whether pipelines should have permits or licenses that are reviewed periodically and whether enforcement proceedings should be closed.
- Five years after Marshall and San Bruno, the struggle to identify the right safety metrics and how to measure them continues – we’ll try to jumpstart that discussion with an interactive look at some possibilities.
And as always, we’ll get a look back at this year, a look forward at what might be coming next year, and the ever popular Thursday evening walk for beignets, finding an astounding cross section of the pipeline world uniformly covered with powdered sugar.
Join us at the Royal Sonesta New Orleans, in the heart of all the fun and fabulous food of the French Quarter. Remember, rates go up on August 1! You can find registration information here.